Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hands on with the Kensington Pro Fit Washable Keyboard


Whenever I get a chance to try out a keyboard to review for a post, it is my tradition to write the article about it on the keyboard itself.
Most of these keyboards are all alike, and this one isn’t wireless like the Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750. It is USB and PS2 compatible, and it is good to go if you want to wash it. When I say washable, I mean that you can run the keyboard under a running faucet with soap, disinfectant, or bleach, and then air dry it. It’s all good, just keep the connector out of the water.
I would imagine that this would be the perfect keyboard to have around in a medical facility, where germs and other bloodborne pathogens are a job hazard. It even has built-in antimicrobial material for “continuous microbe resistance”.
I do have one complaint about the 104-key layout. The right Shift key is quite far away from where I normally rest my pinky finger. I suppose that I could adapt to that, but I don’t know how long it would take.
The device has a PS2 adapter, so you don’t have to worry about investing in one if that is your thing. You should be able get the Kensington Pro Fit USB/PS2 Washable Keyboard for $39.95 right here.

0 comments:

Sponsor Links

ELECTRONIC REPAIR GUIDE?
How you can test electronic components like a professional
EASY TO UNDERSTAND!
/www.electronic-repair-guide.com

FREE STUFF EXPOSED?
If You Can Use The Internet, I Guarantee You Can Get Free Gadgets!
www.freestuffexposed.com

DIY Home Theater Design Guide?
Clear and Easy to Understand?
Our DIY Guide is a complete guide that walks you through the construction of a home theater from start to finish!
www.diy-home-theaters.com