Monday, January 16, 2012

LightPad turns the smartphone into a tablet


What you are seeing here is the LightPad from QP Optoelectronics, and it is designed to turn the smartphone into something more tablet-sized.


Why would anyone want this? Have you ever done something on your smartphone that is so much easier to do on a laptop or tablet? I don’t even like sending text messages because I can’t stand touchscreen keyboards. Fortunately, the LightPad has a keyboard attachment.

There is a video after the jump if you want to see how it works, and the display that you see here is a projector with a 854 x 480 resolution for an 11-inch screen.

Future models of this will have the same size display but with 1280 x 720 resolution. I’m not certain if the present model will have this feature, but the projector can be turned around to create a 60 inch display on the wall.

I am surprised that the LightPad is one of the first products of its type, as HDMI cable seems to be only good for playing videos and viewing photos from a smartphone. I want to see my entire smartphone screen on my HDTV, not certain apps.

This LightPad will make an appearance at CES in January, and, assuming I have time and can conveniently pass their booth, I will be glad to try it out.


0 comments:

Sponsor Links

ELECTRONIC REPAIR GUIDE?
How you can test electronic components like a professional
EASY TO UNDERSTAND!
/www.electronic-repair-guide.com

FREE STUFF EXPOSED?
If You Can Use The Internet, I Guarantee You Can Get Free Gadgets!
www.freestuffexposed.com

DIY Home Theater Design Guide?
Clear and Easy to Understand?
Our DIY Guide is a complete guide that walks you through the construction of a home theater from start to finish!
www.diy-home-theaters.com